Prepare to enjoy summer flavors with this incredibly simple recipe for blackberry dump cake.
This delicacy is a genuine treat for your taste buds because it is bursting with sweet and tart blackberries.
What’s best? For those hot summer days when you want a delicious dessert without spending hours in the kitchen, it involves little work and preparation.
This delicious blackberry dump cake will have you craving a piece of heaven.
blackberry dump cake
- 9×13-inch baking dish
- Mixing Bowl
- Spatula or spoon
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 box (about 15 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the blackberries with the granulated sugar and lemon juice until well coated. Set aside for a few minutes to allow the sugar to dissolve slightly and create a juicy filling.
- Spread the blackberries evenly in the greased baking dish, ensuring they cover the bottom in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over the blackberries, covering them completely.
- Pour the melted butter evenly over the cake mix, ensuring it is fully saturated.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the blackberries are bubbling.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve warm, either on its own or topped with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Nutritions (per serving)
Tips For Success
- The best flavor and texture come from using fresh blackberries. If fresh blackberries are not available, frozen blackberries may be substituted; just remember to defrost them first and drain any extra liquid.
- You can change the sweetness of the blackberries by adding more or less sugar. Before adding sugar, taste the blackberries to gauge their level of natural sweetness.
- Before adding the cake mix, sprinkle a little cinnamon or nutmeg over the blackberries for flavor.
- For the greatest flavor and texture, serve the dump cake warm or at room temperature.
- More Recipe
- Mixed Berry Dump Cake: To make a mixed berry dump cake, combine blackberries with other berries like raspberries, blueberries, or strawberries.
- Oats & Nuts Topping: Combine rolled oats, brown sugar, and melted butter with chopped nuts, such as pecans or almonds. Before baking, sprinkle this mixture over the cake batter for a crunchy, nutty topping.
- Lemon Zest: Before adding the cake mix, sprinkle some lemon zest over the blackberries to lend a hint of brightness.
Serving suggestions for blackberry dump cake
- Whipped Cream or Ice Cream: For a delicious contrast of tastes and textures, serve the blackberry dump cake with a dollop of just-whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Fresh Berries:For an added burst of color and freshness, garnish each plate with a few fresh blackberries or other berries.
- Dusting of Powdered Sugar:Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top of the cake just before serving for a classy finishing touch.
Enjoy a blackberry dump cake, the ideal summer treat, for all of its wonderful simplicity.
A delectable delicacy that accentuates the inherent sweetness of fresh blackberries can be made with little work and a few simple ingredients.
This dessert will be a favorite at any summer event, whether it is served warm or at room temperature, on its own or with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Enjoy this delicious blackberry dump cake’s simplicity and sweetness as you relish the flavors of the season.
1. Can I use a different fruit for this dump cake?
Absolutely! While this recipe features blackberries, you can substitute them with other fruits such as blueberries, raspberries, or a combination of berries. Adjust the sweetness accordingly based on the natural sweetness of the fruit you choose.
2. Can I use a different cake mix flavor?
Yes, you can experiment with different cake mix flavors to add variety to your dump cake. Yellow cake mix works well with the blackberries, but you can try flavors like white cake, lemon cake, or even chocolate cake for different flavor combinations.
3. Can I make this dump cake ahead of time?
While this dump cake is best enjoyed fresh, you can prepare it a few hours in advance and leave it at room temperature until ready to serve. However, keep in mind that the texture may become slightly softer as time goes by.
4. Can I refrigerate the leftovers?
Yes, you can refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2–3 days. The cake may become denser when chilled, but you can reheat individual servings in the microwave for a few seconds to restore some of the warmth and softness.
5. Can I freeze the dump cake?
This dump cake is not ideal for freezing, as the texture may become mushy when thawed. It is best enjoyed fresh or stored in the refrigerator for a few days.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?