You’ll enjoy the delicious delight of chicken patties pakistani if you enjoy both Pakistani food and savory pastry.
These golden-brown pastries are the ideal snack or appetizer for any occasion because they are packed with a tasty chicken filling.
These patties offer a delicious blend of textures and flavors that will leave you wanting more.
They have a crispy pastry casing and a spicy chicken interior.
Prepare to savor a dish that will tickle your taste buds and take you to the energetic streets of Pakistan.
In Pakistan, chicken patties are a favorite street meal and afternoon snack.
People of all ages enjoy them, and they can frequently be found in bakeries.
These patties feature delightfully spiced chicken inside and a buttery, flaky pastry casing, making for a beautiful fusion of tastes and textures.
Chicken patties are a tasty option that will take you to the bustling cuisine scene of Pakistan, whether you’re throwing a party, making a quick snack, or just trying something new.
chicken patties pakistani
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Frying pan
- 1 Rolling Pin
- 1 Knife
- 1 Cutting board
- 1 Pastry brush
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Plate
- Paper towels
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green chili, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped (for garnish)
- 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour and salt. Add the chilled butter and mix with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Gradually add cold water and knead the dough until it comes together. Shape the dough into a ball, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the minced garlic and green chili (if using) and cook for another minute.
- Add ginger paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, red chili powder, and turmeric powder. Mix well and cook for a minute until the spices release their aroma.
- Add the shredded chicken and salt to taste. Mix well and cook for a few minutes until the chicken is heated through and coated with the spices. Remove from heat and let the filling cool.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the chilled dough to a thickness of about 1/8 inch.
- Using a round cutter or a glass, cut out circles from the rolled dough.
- Place a spoonful of the chicken filling in the center of each dough circle. Fold the circle in half, sealing the edges by pressing them together with a fork.
- Place the filled patties on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the patties with beaten egg wash for a golden and shiny crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the patties are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let the patties cool for a few minutes. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Serving suggestions for chicken patties pakistani
Chicken patties can be enjoyed on their own or paired with your favorite condiments and beverages. Here are some serving ideas to improve your experience with chicken patties:
- At events and gatherings, serve hot chicken patties as an appetizer or snack.
- Ketchup, mint chutney, or tamarind chutney can be served with chicken patties to add flavor.
- Take pleasure in chicken patties with a steaming cup of tea or a cool glass of lemonade.
- For a well-balanced lunch, serve chicken patties with a side of green salad or yogurt dip.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure the butter is cold when mixing it into the dough. This will help generate a flaky and buttery pastry crust.
- You can alter the spiciness level of the chicken filling according to your liking by adjusting the amount of red chili powder and green chili.
- If you prefer a vegetarian version, you may replace the chicken with mashed potatoes or mixed vegetables for a great vegetarian burger.
- Ensure the chicken mixture is completely cold before filling the patties to prevent the dough from becoming mushy.
- For an additional golden crust, brush the patties with eggwash before baking.
Chicken patties pakistani is a very famous in Pakistan. Chicken patties pakistani are a delightful snack that brings the flavors of Pakistan to your kitchen.
With their crispy pastry shell and spiced chicken filling, these patties offer a burst of flavors and textures that will satisfy your cravings.
Whether you’re hosting a gathering or simply looking to enjoy a tasty snack, chicken patties are a versatile and delicious choice.
1.Can I make the pastry dough in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the pastry dough in advance and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.
2. Can I freeze the unbaked Chicken Patties Pakistani?
Yes, you can freeze the unbaked Chicken Patties Pakistani. Place the assembled patties on a baking sheet and freeze them until firm. Once frozen, transfer them to a freezer-safe container or bag. When ready to bake, thaw the patties in the refrigerator overnight and bake as directed.
3. Can I use store-bought puff pastry instead of making the dough from scratch?
Yes, if you’re short on time, you can use store-bought puff pastry as a shortcut. Follow the package instructions for thawing and rolling out the puff pastry, then proceed with filling and baking as directed.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?